tres.






We're three months into this gig, and we've come a long way.

Madison is actively smiling, talking, squealing, putting things (hands, hers, mine, and daddy's) in her mouth, and content with hanging out.

She loves to stand up and is so proud of herself while standing. Her little birdy legs aren't too strong yet, but she does great standing. She's not quite sitting up on her own, but once she gets it down she won't be immobile long. She is wearing 0-3 month clothes and still in size one diapers. She plays well with her cousin, Mary Alice

Madison's eyebrows have a mind of their own.

She's gathered quite a few nick names...

Madisony
Lyric
Lou Who
Maddie Lou Who
Booger Bear
Princess
Beautiful
Nanny girl
Miss Priss
Diva Head
Diva Girl
Diva Diva

Though mommy has been back at work for quite some time now, I'm still adjusting. There is so much to be done while I'm at home, yet all I want to do is play with Madison. I'm still successfully breastfeeding... which is extremely challenging for a working mom. I beat myself up too often for not keeping a spotless house, for not cooking divine meals, and for not doing my own laundry more times than not....

Each day is a new adjustment... Each day presents a new challenge, but God has equipped His children. Mommies are stronger than the world may think.

Wow... I'm rambling.

Geeze do I want to get that shop up and running again, but I'm not sure that will ever happen. I'm not sure I have it in me. I'm contemplating selling all my hard gathered craft supplies and selling my cute desk and throwing in the white towel. Will that be giving up, though? Does it make me weak? I've watched so many of my bloggy friends come up from nothing and now their online stores are booming. Am I good enough? Am I even slightly talented? I long so bad to be creative and to express myself, there are just not enough hours in the day....

So mommy isn't back to normal at 3 months, but i'll get there.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love how honest you are Megan. I can't relate to your feelings, but I think it's good for those of us who don't have kids to read and be careful not to create a fantasy world of what it will be like having a baby. Madison is so cute and I love seeing your pictures. :)

Popular Posts