sies.





We're now 6 months in to this gig, and it's pretty rad. I love being a mother. I love being special in the heard of this little girl. I love her smile that lights up the room. I love her laugh, I love her toes. I love her hair, and I love her belly button nose.

I love that she loves me, I love that she needs me.  I love that she loves her daddy. I love that she has brought out the best in us. I love that she is the spitting image of her father.

I'm still battling with a few struggles in my life. I struggle with leaving her every morning. She is what drives me and what motivates me. I know my passion to be her mother, and everything else (besides being a wife) seems rather insignificant right now. I often times find it hard to get motivated at my desk job because I'm not passionate about it. I have to push through, and I do, for her. I know that she needs me to be a working mother right now. I know that our family needs my income for our future. I just am not as passionate about my desk job than I am a mommy, and I don't think anyone can blame me for that.

Madison is now eating avocado, sweet potatoes, bananas, carrots, green beans, and peas. She is not a finicky eater, and usually finishes all her food. She is still nursing well, but is often distracted by, well, everything. She is usually more interested in what's going on in the room than nursing. We often have to wrestle to keep her still for feedings. She has become very efficient, though and usually only takes 10 minutes tops.

She weighs 16 pounds and is healthy as everything. I truly count that up to breastfeeding. It truly does help keep children healthy. We've not really had any troubles with her health. We had one little cold, but I think she caught that at the doctor's office. Breastfeeding is certainly challenging, and a full time commitment from the mommy, but it is so worth it.

We are able to be pretty "on the go" now, settling into a routine. We've figured out that when we walk out the door as long as we have diapers, wipes, a toy, and mommy, we're good to go. She doesn't need much.

Madison is over all a genuinely happy baby. She is now sitting completely unassisted and will rock back and forth almost scooting when placed on her hands and knees. She still loves her hands, but mostly chews on one finger at a time.

She cries "mamamama" a lot.

Madison is a doll, and pretty much a delight to all of those she comes in contact with. She's such a flirt :)

We have all come such a long way in six months. My depression has subsided, but rears its ugly head on bad days. I just have to talk it out with my husband and I'm usually ok. I've had a lot of stress/anxiety here lately, but that's from a busy schedule and a leaky home. More on that later though!

Thanks for reading :)


1 comment:

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I can't believe she is sitting up on her own! She looks like such a big girl!

Popular Posts