Confessions of a Newlywed: Tears

So for the past two Thursdays I've had a confessional time. 
Well, my confession today is that I cried. 
My husband will be leaving Saturday.
No big deal, right?
He will be gone for a week.
He's not going on some random trip. 
He's going on a mission trip with our church.
He will be doing God's work; which is way more important that a week with little ole me.
I got to thinking today about how quiet it will be around the house without him here.
I got to thinking about how a week will go by without him praying over me while I sleep.... and how I won't get to pray over him in the mornings while he sleeps later than me.
A week will pass and 
I won't get to brush his cheek
kiss his lips
or hold his hand.
This made me cry. Not just cry... blubber like a baby. You see, the hubs and I have not been seperate for more than 12 hrs since we were married. This week I had the flu, so we slept in seperate rooms. 
{Which also made me cry. }

I know that I'm being silly. There are those of you out there who will have to miss husbands for months.
Well, guess what? You are stronger than me. 
I could never do it. 
I couldn't say goodbye to my husband and send him to another country. Like I said, you are stronger than me; that's why I didn't sign up for that wifely duty. Though... it will be nice to have one agenda again. It will be nice to "cook" for one. It will be nice to not have toothpaste spit in my sink for a week. I will enjoy staying up as late as I want, and watching hours of HGTV

Trust me, I'd rather have him here.

...and I know there are some of you out there who would die to have a week without your husband; that's really sad. This love that I have {some call it newlywed love}, I hope it never fades away. I hope that I always miss my husband while we are away at work. I hope that the brightest part of my day is always laying down with my husband in the evenings.

Tears. Tears over a week. 

see how cute he is?


3 comments:

tvolnoff said...

Sweet Girl! I pray NEITHER of you ever get used to being apart. After 25 years I still have to have a pillow aside me just to get some sleep when my Tommy is gone, so i feel like he is there in bed with me. I also feel sad for women who look forward to being apart. I dont blame you, i used to ball like a baby when he left for just a couple of days. I love you both so very much

Brianna said...

So cute! Thx for stopping by my blog!
I still get sad whenever my hubs has to leave too! (I may have to get used to it a lot more when he starts working as a pilot *tears*) It's been 5 years now and I still feel like we have a newlywed love too! :)

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

Brianna... It's nice to know that there are couples out there who still have newlywed love! That's what life is all about!

Popular Posts