Holiday Recipe: Pecan Pie Trifle

This is by far the easiest thing to make.
The recipe says to "make a pecan pie"... 
I bought a frozen one. I mean c'mon, let Marie Calendars do her thing!

Here is what you need:
12oz (the large tub) of cool whip
8oz of cream cheese
1 frozen pecan pie
Caramel for drizzling (optional)
Trifle bowl
Mixing Bowl
Mixer
****************************************************************************************
Here is what you do:

Allow everything to thaw. This is a very VERY important step and will make this process much easier. You may even want to nuke the cream cheese in the microwave for like 10 seconds to get it soft.


First, take your cream cheese and cool whip and combine them into a mixing bowl. Beat the combination on medium until smooth and evenly mixed. (If you don't allow your cream cheese to thaw, this will be frustrating. Trust me, I know.)


Set this mixture to the side and grab your pecan pie. This part is messy, but it's pretty fun! Take your pecan pie and cut it in half. Take one half of it and crumble it up into the trifle bowl. Yes ma'am, crumble... Like you are at your first birthday party. Make sure it is pretty even, I even patted mine down just a wee bit to remove large gaps.
 

Then you will pour half of your cream cheese & cool whip onto the crumbled pecan pie. I accidentally added a little more than half, so my layers were a little uneven.

Then you simply repeat the layers crumbling the other half of the pie and then adding another layer of your cream cheese and cool whip. Be sure to set aside a small portion of the crust to garnish the top! I also drizzled my caramel on top and added a dollop of cool whip. Here is the finished product:



I ran out of Saran Wrap before realizing I needed it, so I had to get a little creative:


The best part about this recipe? It's cheap. The pecan pie was $5 and the cool whip and cream cheese were both about $3. I had to buy a trifle bowl too, and my total was only $17!! You have to try this!!



Linking up:


Popular Posts