My One Page Miracle


With the Daniel Plan that I mentioned here a little while back, we have been encouraged to write (type) out our motivation for doing so. Welp, here goes nothing.


I have been doing this thing for about two weeks. It's not been wonderfully easy, but it's been beneficial. I have been doing what Rick Warren calls a "drug holiday" which means no sugar, caffeine, high fructose corn syrup, or processed foods. Can I tell you that I just feel better? It's amazing what eating healthy can do for your mentality. I have more energy. I'm fitting into my clothes better. This is great!
s
I do have times where I want a coke, or something sweet to snack on. The weekends are the hardest. Eating is such a social thing, and I just want to go out to eat with friends, have a coke at that birthday party, eat a chicken nugget... It's not the cake, donuts, or brownies that tempt me. Oddly enough it's my coke & sweet tea- but only on the weekends.

This process has been made easier because I'm doing the Body by Vi shakes, too. Super easy. It's like a mommy's wonder diet. I just fix me a shake and can sip on it as I go. I don't have to prepare this intricate meal, sit down and eat, or clean up from cooking. I just pop it in my blender and go. Shoot, sometimes I just put it in a tumbler and shake it.

I'm encouraged because my friends and family seem to be noticing a difference.

God has really helped me with this journey. After giving myself a year of grace, I was just ready. Ready to lose the baby weight. Ready to be fit again. Ready to run & work out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you are such an inspiration. I just looked up the Daniel Plan, because I had no idea it was out there. Do you follow the 10 day menu plan? I am going to have to take a closer look at it. I recently have been thinking that I really need to make a change, and get my weight under control. This might be of some help!
Thank you!

Popular Posts