Online Shops/Paid Sponsorships


I. Am. Discouraged.

I recently started up an online shop, and I was super excited the first two weeks, but this third week has been a doosy! {My shop is called Bishop Place Handmade}

I have been in the blog world for a few years now. Meeting new people, supporting handmade, and buying from online shops. I have been an advocate for online shops, sharing, pinning, and loving on some of my favorite handmade shops {for free might I add} simply because I loved the products and the people behind the products. Now that I have a shop, why is it that everyone needs you to pay for a little support. Shouldn't we share pages that we love? Shouldn't we advocate for handmade?

We are all in this game together. It should be fun and light, instead it's all about how many followers and readers you have. It's really hard to start from scratch, but I'm not giving up. I'm not going to stop supporting handmade. It's a worthy cause.

So, what do we do when we are discouraged? We think positive thoughts. We overcome. We keep on and keep calm as the overly used slogan goes.

I'm keeping my head up. I'm pushing on. This desire has been place in my heart, I have worked hard to learn my skill, and I will not give up. I will not.

Feel sorry for me?? Go head over to Bishop Place Handmade and follow along. It will make me smile :)

3 comments:

Megan said...

You're having some of the same feelings I've been having. I wrote a similar post wondering why we can't just be more willing to share stuff we like instead of having people pay for it. Sure it might just be $10, but I don't want to spend $10 (usually much more for large blogs) to have someone promote my blog. I will definitely be willing to keep your button on my blog and help out the little bit that I can. :) I think I mentioned this to you, but we should definitely team up if they have the Crafter's Dream Giveaway at Christmas again this year. It's a great way to get your name out there.

Em @ And Nothing Else Matters said...

Hi Megan! I know the feeling. It is the sole reason I started advertising options on my blog, to pay for my blog/shop advertising. I am deleting the paid advertising on my blog at the end of this month. It's only still there to finish out what people have already purchased. I love your pouches and your rosette necklaces. They are gorgeous! I would love to promote your shop on my blog if you are interested. Email me at emy1811@live.com.au em xo

Sarah Yoder said...

Seriously, your plea at the end about people feeling sorry for you cracke3d me up! Hang in there, babe! :)

Popular Posts