Artios

This weekend was wonderfully amazing.

The Lord was so good to me and blessed me so much through my sweet ACTeen girls! They soaked up the word and the importance of digging into the scripture daily. This was good for them, but it was such a blessing to me. I learned so much through them.

The weekend’s study was entitled “Artios,” meaning set apart and complete. Paul describes the scripture in 2nd Timothy 3:16-17.



All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
 that the man of God may be complete,
thoroughly equipped for every good work.


Bascially, the scripture is necessary for EVERYTHING. Every aspect of our life needs scripture. The Bible can….

Be like an MRI and scan the heart, mind and soul to diagnose problems.

It will act as a scalpel and open it up, break it, and prepare it for redemtption. Though, this part is painful, it is essential.

It also acts as suction. It removes the sin and negativity from your life. It will help you get rid of sin, and be cleansed. This part, too is painful and even more essential. AKA repentance.

The bible also acts as a cast. It holds you steady and straight and allows you to heal. Even becoming healthier than before. Renewed by the Spirit and prepared to take on life.

We stressed the importance of daily devotionals and quiet time with the Lord. We spoke about how the Bible has
authority and dominates
any other piece of literature. The bible is also our love letter from God.

My sweet girls were so bold; they confessed sin and struggles in their life. They asked for prayer for specific areas, and they vowed to hold each other accountable for their sin. I’m so proud of them!

The Holy Spirit was stepping on my toes this weekend as well; I was open and honest with the girls, and confessed my sin to them, too (young people these days are looking for people to be transparent with them). I have not been committed to a daily quiet time. I am sparatic and inconsistent with my daily readings. This must be fixed asap.

At the end of our weekend, we all made a commitment similar to the covenenant made in the story of King Solomon in 2 Kings Chapter 23:1-3

1 Now the king sent them to gather all the
elders of Judah and Jerusalem to him. 2 The king
went up to the house of the LORD with all the men
of Judah, and with him all the inhabitants of
Jerusalem—the priests and the prophets and all
the people, both small and great. And he read
in their hearing all the words of the Book of the Covenant
 which had been found in the house of the LORD.


3 Then the king stood by a pillar and made a

covenant before the LORD, to follow
the LORD and to keep His commandments and His
 testimonies and His statutes, with all hisheart and
all his soul, to perform the words of this covenant
 that were written in this book. And all the people
took a stand for the covenant. 


Our entire group has committed to read through the bible in a year and a half. We have weekly assignments, and will discuss them on Wednesdays as a group. I am very pumped and the youth are extremely excited!!! We have a great youth pastor and he is leading the way by making the commitment and inviting us to join him just as King Solomon did! I invite you to join me on this journey!! If you are interested I will email you the schedule, just let me know!!!

How to Pray for Us
I ask that you pray for the youth of Millbrook Baptist Church to be committed and disciplined in their readings. That they will learn abundantly more than they thought possible, and as a result… have changed lives through God.

Pray for me as I help lead them, and pray for my husband as he facilitates the music and worhsip through this learning experience, and pray for our youth minister to be diligient and energized through this long journey!

I also ask that you will pray for a specific young lady who will not be able to come to church because her parents will not let her miss Wednesday gymnastics classes. She is pumped and excited, but is unable to fellowship with us. Pray that the Lord will speak to her parents.



Thanks everyone for following this story!
I can’t wait to share with you what the
Lord is doing in the lives of our young people!

No comments:

Popular Posts