Mommy Thoughts Thursday: {Bottles}



Bottles.
We all go crazy over bottles.
I didn't know what to expect, and I wrote this post.
When I began to research and look in the baby section for the first time, I found the breastflow bottles. They are designed to be more natural and more like the anatomy of a breast.

" Breastflow is a feeding system that requires both suction and 
compression, just like breastfeeding. The nipple is designed to 
mimic the breast so baby can latch on and to encourage the 
same mouth and tongue position as breast feeding. The double 
nipple system requires both suction and compression, just like 
breast feeding and baby controls the flow of milk. 
The Breastflow System is ideal for nursing moms who would 
like to introduce  a bottle. Breastfed babies easily alternate 
between breast and  bottle without the worry of 
nipple confusion."

I was skeptical, yes. I only got a few of the smaller bottles and one pack of the larger bottles. Well, my little girl's reaction to these bottles have made me a believer. My little gets three bottles during the day while I am at work, and she nurses just fine in the mornings and at night.
If you watch your little one feed out of these bottles, it does indeed simulate the let down. The milk easily dispenses back into the bottle with a little squeeze. If you follow the instructions for these bottles, they work like magic. We are only 2 weeks into this routine, but she does great! I can even give her the bottle, she takes it from me great!

They do have ONE measly little extra part to clean, but other than that, they are fantastic. Unfortunately, they are hard to find in stores, so I've had to search high and low to get them at a good price. Ebay has been the most successful place, but you can also buy them here, here, and here

I also bought some used ones off the online yard sale. She strikes again!

No, Madison, it's not a real boob. Tricked ya!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Holly said...

LOL! I love the picture and the caption!
Dropping by from VWB bloghop. :)

Popular Posts