Enthusiastic Worker


"So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. 
Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that
 nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless." 
1 Corinthians 15:58 NLT


This is the encouraging word over at KLove today. My goodness did I need to hear this on the way to work this morning. No matter what we do, if we are doing it for the Lord, is useless. I know this is somewhat of an elementary thought, but you know those moments where the Spirit gently reminds you? This was one of those. It was a revelation of something simple that I had known all along.

The catch for me is the if your doing it for the Lord part. I do a lot of stuff for myself. I do plenty of tasks for my supervisor. I take care of my child. I serve my husband. All of those things are noble and worthy tasks and accomplishments. But, doing it for the Lord makes it much better.

Now, don't get me wrong - serving your husband is wonderful.

Serving him for the Lord is much better.

Dare I say... If we are doing things for others, and not the Lord, are they useless? I'd say so. Colossians 3:23 tells us that in everything we do, we must do it enthusiastically as something done for the Lord and not men. If we are serving the Lord by doing our husbands laundry, changing our child's diaper, picking up cheerios off the floor, tidying this project, making these copies, proofing this memo, etc.... It's not useless.

It's not!

I began to think.... I have recently become a little disheartened because I haven't been on a "mission trip" in years. It made feel as if I wasn't serving the Lord, but I am. Or, I have the opportunity to every day. When I go to work - I have an opportunity to serve Him. When I prepare Madison's bottles - I have an opportunity to serve Him. When I'm cleaning my home - I have an opportunity to serve Him. Every day is an opportunity to do something for the Lord.

So in everything we do, let's serve the Lord. Even if it seems that we are serving someone who is unworthy. We must remember that we are unworthy, too.

Serve the Lord by serving others in our daily, mundane tasks. I'm certain that we will find joy by doing this.











********************************************************************************

P.S.
You've GOTTA check out THIS giveaway over at Foley Fam!

1 comment:

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

I found {this} link... and it was definitely something I needed to hear... its kinda crazy how it ties in with your message today!

Popular Posts